The next Jackpot is 22-May-2013
- Each play costs $2.
- Jackpot grows until won!
- Play up to 10 draws in advance.
- Draws held every Wednesday and Saturday.
- LOTTO 6/49 tickets are sold until 9 p.m. (Eastern Time).
How to PlayExpand +
- On a LOTTO 6/49-ONTARIO 49 Selection Slip, mark LOTTO 6/49 in the game box.
- Choose six numbers from 1 to 49 on up to 10 boards (each board costs $2). Or ask for a Quick Pick and the lottery terminal will randomly select your numbers. ENCORE is available to add to this game (each board costs an additional $1).
- Match the numbers drawn to win. Six regular numbers and a Bonus number are drawn.
|1 of Winning (approximate)
2 of the Pools Fund
|6/6||80.5%2||1 in 13,983,816|
|5/6 + Bonus||5.75%2||1 in 2,330,636|
|5/6||4.75%2||1 in 55,492|
|4/6||9%2||1 in 1,033|
|3/6||$10 prize||1 in 56.7|
|2/6 + Bonus||$5 prize||1 in 81.2|
|Any prize||1 in 32.3|
A winning set of numbers entitles a winner to a prize in only one of the above prize categories.
47% of LOTTO 6/49 draw sales is dedicated to the Prize Fund. The total amount of $5 and $10 prizes are paid from the Prize Fund and the balance of the fund (the Pools Fund) is then allocated between the 4/6, 5/6, 5/6 + Bonus and 6/6 prize categories as indicated in the table above. Any amount not won in the 6/6 or 5/6 + Bonus prize categories is added to the 6/6 Jackpot prize for the next draw.
The prize pool for LOTTO 6/49 is based on a pari-mutuel share. A pari-mutuel share is a calculation where the total monies allocated to a prize category are divided by the total number of winners in that category. Sometimes, customers select certain number combinations more often than other number combinations, and this may result in a greater number of winning tickets and a lower prize share. Some of the more popular combinations are based on sequence of numbers, vertical, horizontal or diagonal lines on selection slips, multiples of numbers, variations of historic dates or birth dates, etc. These combinations vary from draw to draw and change depending on customer play patterns.
LOTTO 6/49 prizes must be claimed within 12 months of the draw date.
Unclaimed prizes from national games, e.g., LOTTO MAX and LOTTO 6/49, are returned to players through future bonus games or promotions. These funds are held separately from Ontario-only games and are administered by the Interprovincial Lottery Corporation.
LOTTO 6/49 winning tickets may be redeemed only in the province where they were purchased.Close x